Monday, September 19, 2011

dAy 1!9

Can you tell I'm bored by my post title? :) 


Let's recap what happened today... nothing. thanks for stopping by :) 


JK.. a little more than nothing happened... 


I made myself a smoothie for breakfast this morning, it was very good, yall should try it: 
1/2 cup of orange juice, 1/2 cup of vanilla yogurt, 3/4 cup of blueberries (frozen), 1/2 cup of bananas (frozen), 1 Tbsp of peanut butter, and a few granola pieces thrown in. It was delicious and only 280 calories. 


I bought myself mango, cantaloupe, and applesauce at the store tonight so I'm going to try a mango/applesauce smoothie tomorrow morning. 


It was raining earlier today, so I did a 25 minute workout in the house... I'll explain that also in case yall want to try it :) 
                  3 sets of wall-sits for 45 seconds with a 15 second break inbetween each           set. Then I ran up and down the stair case in the house 5 times (took about a minute). Then I did 3 sets of 10 lunges on each leg, then ran the staircase 5 times again. Then I did 3 sets of 10 side lunges, followed by 5 staircases. Then I did 3 sets of 10 pushups, followed by the staircase. 3 sets of 15 calf raises on each leg, followed by the staircase. 3 sets of 15 hip lifts, followed by the staircase. Then I went and did 5 sets of 100 punches on the punching bag in the garage :) all that and only burned 200 calories according to my Garmin watch. 


After all that exercising, I sat in the living room reading and watching tv until Kelsey biked over. We made healthy avocado chicken salad for lunch that we put on a wrap. It consisted of 1 avocado chopped up, 1 tomato chopped up, 1 chicken breast cooked and chopped up, 1/2 lime squeezed over chicken, and half a lime squeezed over the avocado and tomato mix.... the recipe also called for scallions and cilantro.. but we didn't have that so we used a little red onion and a fresh garlic clove. Then you salt & pepper to taste and ENJOY :) 


While eating our wonderful lunch, we watched Youth in Revolt... I wouldn't recommend it. Then we both had to get ready to bike down to the softball field... we were supposed to have Gabby & Wilma at 5, and Amanda at 5:50... well Gabby was the only one to show up, so a little after 6 we left because Kelsey was being eaten alive by the evil swedish mosquitoes. no joke. 


Once back home, I showered and then ate dinner around 8. We had penne noodles with mushroom sauce made from the mushrooms in the woods. SO GOOD. MmMmM! Then Karin & I made a list of groceries we needed and I went to Coop to grocery shop. 


After putting all the groceries away, I enjoyed a glass of light soy milk, called Grandma, skyped with Mom & Dad... and now I'm about to get ready for bed, read the wonderful book I'm reading at the moment (House Rules by Jodi Picoult), and then head on to sleep. 


ONLY 9 MORE DAYS UNTIL I'M HEADED HOOOMMEEEE!!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment