Saturday, September 17, 2011

117

I spent the majority of the day baking with Karin & My, today. Around lunchtime, My & I went to the grocery store to get all the ingredients we needed for the baking. 

When we got back, we made the dough for the buns first since it had to rise for about an hour. As that was set aside, Karin & Louisa made homemade bread, and My and I made chocolate nut bars from the Swedish cookbook. 

Once those were done, we got to work on the dough. We each cut off a section, rolled it out, s pread butter on it, and put whatever we wanted in it and rolled it up/folded it and either cut it or twisted them into knots or twists. 

I made some with vanilla sugar & cinnamon, and then I made more with vanilla sugar and cocoa. I had some of the dough, but I didn't try any of them once they were done. 

While I was making the last bit of buns, My made some chocolate brownies with a coconut glaze on top from the cookbook. 

After all the baking, I didn't do much... I tried to motivate myself to workout, but all I ended up doing was a small mix of exercises and then went for a 20 minute walk. 

Karin and Micke came home from cleaning out his grandma's apartment, and his sister came over with groceries to make us dinner. We ate lasagna with squash around 9 pm. 

After that I finished watching a True Blood episode, skyped with Greg, and then got some chocolate milk and went into the living room to see what movie My & Tendra were watching. They were watching Air Bud translated into Swedish.... one of the most entertaining things I've seen. I had no clue what was being said but I thought it was hilarious. 

Now I'm in bed getting ready to read my kindle and head on to sleep. 

Hope everyone's weekend is going great! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment