Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 107

This morning I had my alarm set for 6 AM for the bakery, but I woke up around 4:45 AM and couldn't really go back to sleep... 


SO once my alarm finally went off I got dressed and biked down to the bakery. I got there around 6:45 AM and was with Alex again because Heleana is still with her daughter at the hospital. I was at the bakery for 4 hours and did a lot. Let's see... I took dough to the dough/fondant thinner machine and rolled out dough to put on this platter that goes in a machine and it makes dough balls that I have to transfer onto baking sheets. There were 6 big clumps of dough that I had to do that with. Then I spread cinnamon glaze on big pieces of dough that Alex had rolled out, and after he folded them and cut them into slips, I twisted them into cinnamon knots and transferred them to baking sheets. Then I put orange pieces on another and did the same with those. 


Then I had to slice logs of cookie dough and place them on baking sheets. After that, I was told that the old guy who couldn't speak English needed help, so Alex showed me what to do... the old guy rolled chocolate truffles in melted chocolate, and then I rolled them in chocolate sprinkles. Well little man was too quick for me and trying to tell me what to do in swedish and the sprinkles weren't sticking because the chocolate was already drying... finally I figured out that I needed to be quicker and got a nice "BRA!" from the man.. which means good. 


Once we finished rolling the truffles, I walked back over and saw that Alex had rolled out 44 (yes, 44) circles of dough, and I had to glaze them all, and then sprinkle almond slivers on 10 of them, fruit pieces on 10 more, chocolate drops on 9 of them, orange pieces on 10 of them, and nothing on the 5 that had cinnamon glaze. 


Once I finished that, I had to roll them all into logs, place 5 on a baking sheet, and then take scissors and cut them to where they look really cool. It's hard to explain, but next week I am taking my camera so I will take pictures and hopefully be doing the same thing so I can show yall! However, the scissors gave my finger a blister because I had to cut all 44 logs into designs. 


After I finished that, it was time to clean up. So I scraped the table down like I do every wednesday, and then I told him I would clean the dishes because I've been doing that every wednesday as well. The dishes always take me a long time because there are so many and I have to wash them by hand... WELL Alex came up to me today after he finished mopping and said "you don't have to do that" and stuck the board that I had put all the hand washed dishes on into this machine, shut the door, flipped a switch, and it started washing them and was finished in like 10 seconds. I looked at him and said "you realize I've been hand washing these every week?" He thought that was funny. 


I finally left at 10:45 and had to bike back in the rain. Once I got back, I put my apron and shirt in the washer, showered, and ate cereal. Then I started watching a movie but turned it off because I needed a nap. I slept from 1-3. 


Then at 4:45 I had to bike down to the field for the little girls practice. The field was flooded with puddles so we had to use wiffle balls off to the side with them... and then our practice was moved inside from 6:30-8. 


After practice, we biked back to the house... I showered and then we ate salmon, salad, and potatoes. 


Now I am in bed with some hot tea and about to read my kindle and head on to sleep. 






No comments:

Post a Comment