Friday, September 23, 2011

123

Ok... y'all are lucky I am writing this right now because I can barely keep my eyes open. 


I set my alarm for 8 this morning, ran 6 miles, showered & got ready, vacuumed the entire house, and then made myself a smoothie: 250 ml of light soy milk, 1 frozen banana (sliced), 1 Tbsp of peanut butter, 1 tsp of maple syrup, a few drops of vanilla extract, and a lot of ice. 275 calories of deliciousness. I was looking at runnersworld.com the night before and they gave a formula for good post-run smoothies so I followed that and added my own ingredients. 


At 11:30, Kelsey & Ingrid picked me up and we drove 3 hours to the Dalarna Horse factory. It's a very Swedish custom... almost every household owns a Dala Horse. The shops were in a small village in the middle of nowhere. Ingrid surprised me and Kelsey by saying that the softball club wanted to give us one of the horses (which are not cheap at all) and to get our name painted on them. She let us choose the color we wanted, but we both chose the traditional red horse with blue, yellow, and white decoration. She is giving them to us tomorrow at our going away party so everyone will be there to see. 


I bought a few souvenirs for my family at the shop... still have some more things to buy on Monday when Kelsey and I go to Stockholm one last time. 


After shopping around, we drove to this restaurant at a pier, walked the LONG pier, but then realized the restaurant didn't open for over an hour and we were starving, so we went to another restaurant in the small town of Rittvak (something like that). 


We attempted to stop at this big slope so we could bobsled... but they were closed so we weren't able to do that. 


Then we headed home... got back around 9 pm, and Kelsey and I took the car to the grocery store to buy everything we needed for the party tomorrow. I'm baking a "Pinnocchio Torte" from my Swedish cookbook, and also a homemade banana pudding. Then all of the girls are making spaghetti with "köttfash" sauce (Rebecca, I'm sure that's not right either :) ) it's one of my favorite sauces on noodles now :) 


After putting the groceries up I had a small snack, and since then have been working on a small surprise for Ingrid/the team. 


Now I'm about to pass out... GOODNIGHT :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment