Saturday, September 24, 2011

124 - Going Away Party

Today was a really fun day. I didn't get much sleep last night, but couldn't sleep past 8, so I went upstairs and made myself a breakfast smoothie and ate with some of the family. After awhile of doing nothing, I started baking the homemade banana pudding for the party tonight. It did NOT look right, or good, but I stuck it in the fridge anyways. But I have to say, when I tried it after dinner, it was DELICIOUS! I LOVED it! so I will definitely be making it again.. but this time with nilla wafers. The grocery store here didn't sell them so I had to substitute some other cookies that pretty much completely dissolved in the homemade pudding I poured over. 


Then I showered and got ready, and after that I started baking the Pinocchio Torte with strawberries. It looked kinda a mess also, but oh well. 


Then Kelsey came over and she made homemade coleslaw while I was finishing my cake. Karin assumed Kelsey and I had a special homemade coleslaw recipe because we are American.. I was like umm, we usually buy ours. 


So anyways, after we got all the food ready, Kelsey and I put songs to the picture slideshow she made for the team. Then the girls started to arrive around 5. Once everyone was there, we started dinner, but then went outside to play games, where we were split into 3 teams. My team ended up winning! YAY! We won a bag of caramel candy that they are letting me take home. 


We then came inside and ate dinner and sat around talking for awhile. Then Kelsey and I told them we had something to show them, so we took them all downstairs and played the slideshow and then gave Ingrid and the team the notebook of softball drills that we put together for them. 


Then there was a hugfest... then it was fika time. There was my pinocchio torte, my banana soup, some cookies that Emilia baked, and a white chocolate cake that Amanda baked. I only ate the banana pudding, and I had like 3 small bowl fulls. 


Then we all sat around talking for a long time, and then around 10 pm everyone started leaving. 


Hopefully I can sleep better tonight. Tomorrow I need to go for a run, do my laundry for the last time, start packing/organizing my stuff, and anything else I can think of. 


Can't believe only 4 more days and I'll be home! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment