Saturday, September 10, 2011

Day 109 & 110

Yesterday I woke up and went for a 3.25 mile run, and then went down to the softball field with Kelsey, Ingrid, and Emelie to try and soak up all the water that was flooding the infield and outfield. We were there for 2.5 hours with shovels, buckets, and sponges trying to get rid of the water, and then we had to weed the field again so it would look nice for the semi-final games we played today. 


They brought me back to the house at 4, I had some fruit and a sandwich, and then had to bike back down to another field at 5:30 for practice. At 7, we biked back.. I showered and then we all had dinner. Karin & Micke made pork chops in gravy, potato salad, bread, and regular salad. 


This morning we biked down to the field at 10 for our semi-final games at 12 & 2. We ended up winning the 1st game 2-1, but we lost the 2nd game 19-14. There are no mercy rules or time limits in the semifinal games.. so our 2nd game took 3 hours. It was exhausting. I had  a triple in the 1st game and a few more hits throughout the 2 games, and in the 2nd game I had a diving stop on short stop where I threw the girl out at first from my knees. My, our 2nd baseman, got hurt during the 2nd game and had to go to the hospital, so the team kind of lost the momentum after that. She had some x-rays done on her knee, and they told her if it's still bothering her in 8 wks then she needs to get an MRI to make sure it's not her ACL. 


Finally at 5:15, we biked back to the house and showered. Then Kelsey came over and we started making dinner for My, Wilma, Louisa, Pontus, and his friend. I had to drive Karin to a party out in the country so Kelsey ended up doing most of the cooking. We cooked cheesy fries and fried chicken legs for the kids, and Kelsey and I cooked chicken breasts for ourselves and put them on wraps... and we all ate carrots & cauliflower with dips. 


Once we got the kitchen all cleaned up, Kelsey and I were in the mood for dessert so we made the cinnamon roll cake that I made last night for the concession stand at our games for this wknd. We cut the recipe in half though and enjoyed it with some milk. It was like a huge yummy cinnamon roll. 


Now I'm about to go to bed... we have one more game tomorrow at 12 since we split today. If we win, we play in the finals the next 2 weekends... if we lose, we are done. Neither Kelsey nor the american pitcher for Leksand can pitch in tomorrow's game, so it should be an interesting game. 


18 days until I'm home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment