Sunday, September 11, 2011

Day 111

Today we played the 3rd game of our "best out of 3" for the semi-final. Unfortunately, we lost 9-7, but we played really well. We were down 9-0 and scored 4 or 5 runs in the 5th, and the rest in the 6th.. but we couldn't do anything in the 7th. 


Neither American pitchers could pitch this game so Ingrid pitched the 1st half and Amanda pitched the 2nd half. I played short stop again and had a few plays. I also had a triple and a double. 


After the game, this man came up to me and said they wanted to give me a shirt because they thought I was the best player in Enkoping... so I got a free tshirt! Then they took my picture with me holding the shirt up in front of me. 


After we got everything picked up off the field, we biked back to the house. Once I showered and had a small lunch, I took an hour nap. 


We ate dinner around 6... rice with pork & steak in a gravy with sweet onions, salad, and bread. Then Karin, My, and I sat and decided what we were going to have for dinner the rest of the week and we made a grocery list so I could go get everything. After I did that, I stopped and picked Fanny up to bring her back to the house. 


I volunteered to cook dinner for everyone tomorrow (9 people).. but I have no idea what to make. I bought a bunch of chicken but I have no clue what to do with it, so any suggestions are very welcome! 


Tonight will probably be an early night for me. My body is so sore and I'm exhausted from this weekend. 


Sad news... today was my last softball game. Ingrid wants us to keep practicing with the girls to help them keep improving, so we are having a fun team practice on Tuesday, and then going back to one-on-one practices with the girls for the next 2 weeks. 


*** Remembering those who lost their lives 10 years ago *** 

1 comment:

  1. I am going to miss reading your blog.... BUT... I will trade this blog for you to be home anyday!!!!! I love you and as always... I am so proud of you!!!!
    17 DAYS!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete